My friend’s Instagram account of all the great brunch places she has been enjoying around NY, Philly, and Maine had inspired me to go out for brunch three times in the past month, when I would normally be lucky to get that within a year.
So over the past couple of years, I had taken to making brunch or brunch inspired items for lunch or dinner. I had defrosted some chicken with the intent to make the Chicken Breast Burger with Poached Eggs - http://cookwithzee.blogspot.com/2015/05/chicken-breast-burger-with-poached-eggs.html but I could not find the brioche buns from Trader Joe’s that I wanted to serve it on.
However, I did see English Muffins on sale this week and switched over and made a dish that could only be described as Avocado Toast Meets Eggs Benedict Meets Chicken.
As Rachael would say, this would be a perfect BLD, for breakfast, lunch, or dnner! I served it open faced but feel free to combine the two and make a sandwich that would hopefully be good enough for Daym Drops to give it 5 all day!!
Chicken Breast butterflied & cut to English Muffin size1 avocado sliced across
2 English Muffins Split in Half
Fruit Flavored Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
- Poach eggs – see http://cookwithzee.blogspot.com/2014/11/take-your-pick-eggs-benedict-kalua-pork.html for directions
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with salt and pepper and cook on George Forman Grill for about 3 minutes until it has cooked thoroughly
- Toast the English Muffin halves
- On two muffin halves, place chicken and top with poached eggs with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of sea salt.
- On the other two muffin halves, place chicken and top with avocado slices with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of sea salt.